Following my husband's death in 2008, I moved from Tennessee to Florida to look after my parents. Now I'm living in a retirement community, making friends and trying new things. The most fun I've had has been ballroom dancing. So far, I've taken intro lessons in all the dances and now I'm starting intermediate. I hardly have time to read anymore but I manage four or five dances a week!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dressed Up for Halloween, Again

Dennis and I both enjoy dressing up for Halloween. 


Once again we went to the Ocala Civic Theater for costumes, but only for his.  Doesn't he make a scary executioner?  *shudder*  The only drawback was that it was a very heavy and HOT costume.  Tough to dance in.  


I actually did two different outfits this year.  We had planned to go with the medieval theme so I bought a tavern wench dress a while back.  I'll use it again whenever we go to the Hoggetowne Faire in Gainesville or some other renaissance fair.  The wig was surprisingly like my hair when I was in my teens and 20's.




But we also went to the first Vampire Ball which was a fundraiser for the Humane Society.  Tavern wench didn't seem quite right so I wore a little black dress with a cape that had spider webs on it.  That was quite an affair.  Everyone came in costume - the more gruesome, the better.  And some people were amazingly creative.  One gal I spoke to spent over an hour making up her face to look like a skeleton.  Another guy had airbrushed his torso and head black and red so he looked like a devil.  All in all, it was FUN!!!


On Halloween night, Den and I dressed up to hand out candy to the kids.  We stayed outside and played spooky sounds and the candy was in a box that looked like a book of spells.  It was fun seeing all the costumes and goofing around with the teens.


We're already talking about costumes for next year.

No comments: