Following my husband's death in 2008, I moved from Tennessee to Florida to look after my parents. Now I'm living in a retirement community, making friends and trying new things. The most fun I've had has been ballroom dancing. So far, I've taken intro lessons in all the dances and now I'm starting intermediate. I hardly have time to read anymore but I manage four or five dances a week!

Friday, April 16, 2010

A Defective Mac?

I can't believe it!  Except it happened to me.  *sigh*  The disc drive didn't work on my new MacBook Pro.  I didn't discover it until Wednesday when I tried to burn a DVD.  (If I can ever figure out how to get the video to play in my blog I'll post it, but so far no luck.)

Anyway, Dennis and I performed a rumba exhibition which a friend of ours videotaped.  We tried to burn a copy so my parents could watch it on their TV.  It wouldn't work.  At first we thought it was the disc but then we found it wouldn't play CDs or DVDs either.

I called Apple and they offered to replace it.  Sadly that meant I would have to return the new Mac before they would send a new one.  I did that yesterday.  The good news is they are sending me the new model that just came out.  It will have a new intel core processor either i5 or i7 (my guess is i5), next generation NVIDIA graphics and a 10-hour battery life.  Now I'm not a techie but I did notice that the Mac I'm returning had 2.8GHz processor and the new Mac will have 2.66GHz processor and that doesn't sound faster or better but we'll see.  Don't know when I'll get it, but at least I still have my old Mac.  Bless it's reliable little heart.

An in spite of this, I can't imagine ever going back to a PC.  EVER.

No comments: