Following my husband's death in 2008, I moved from Tennessee to Florida to look after my parents. Now I'm living in a retirement community, making friends and trying new things. The most fun I've had has been ballroom dancing. So far, I've taken intro lessons in all the dances and now I'm starting intermediate. I hardly have time to read anymore but I manage four or five dances a week!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Remodeling Week Five 3/22 - 3/28

Now I'm catching up.

Monday, the plaster finally dried and the painters did the room in a nice, soft tan which matches my den.  The match is important because the two areas flow together now.

Tuesday, the electrician finished his work but he had to put up my old light fixture outside because the pretty one he brought wouldn't fit.  There's about a foot between the fixture and the overhang so the light need to hang down.  I told him I'd buy one then he could come back and replace it.  He agreed.

Wednesday, some trim work was done as well as the termite treatment which is apparently a requirement.  It's not that any bugs were found.  Also the French door to the bedroom was removed.  Immediate egress from a bedroom to the outside must be possible or a house doesn't pass inspection.

Thursday, the home inspector came by and I passed!  Yay!!!

Friday, Windows Plus installed some awesome sliding glass doors with blinds in the doors.  They are made by Neuma.  I wish I'd seen it before the outside doors had been installed because I would have chosen this door for the outside instead of what was used.  Oh well.

No comments: