Following my husband's death in 2008, I moved from Tennessee to Florida to look after my parents. Now I'm living in a retirement community, making friends and trying new things. The most fun I've had has been ballroom dancing. So far, I've taken intro lessons in all the dances and now I'm starting intermediate. I hardly have time to read anymore but I manage four or five dances a week!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Remodeling Week Six 3/29 - 4/4

March 28th there was a very strong thunderstorm that passed through and I had leaks.  Not from the ceiling but seeping along the floor.  Argh!  Troy and Jerritt, my two supervisors, aren't really sure where the water intrusion is occurring.  It's all along the East wall as well as the South side where the sliding glass doors are.  Naturally, the floors were supposed to be installed Monday, the 29th.  *sigh*  Two weeks before, I waited for the plaster to dry, now I have to wait for the floor to dry.  AND we need to find out where the water is seeping in so it doesn't happen again.

While Troy and Jerritt were investigating the water intrusion problem, Charlie Carpenter (yup, that's really his name and he's really a carpenter) replaced the carpet in my library and two bedrooms with laminate flooring which matches the flooring in the rest of the house.  Charlie and his helper, Jeff, moved all the furniture so the library wasn't too bad to clear out.  However, I had to move all the clothes from the guest closet so they had easy access to the floor.  I had also been using that closet for miscellaneous storage.  There was a lot of stuff in there! This forced me to get better organized.  So, Tuesday Charlie did the library, Wednesday, the guest bedroom and Friday was the master bedroom.

Also on Tuesday, I got the rest of my fence put up.  Now the whole back yard is fenced and the dogs can use the doggy door.  Of course, the floor is dusty but the dogs don't care.

No comments: