Following my husband's death in 2008, I moved from Tennessee to Florida to look after my parents. Now I'm living in a retirement community, making friends and trying new things. The most fun I've had has been ballroom dancing. So far, I've taken intro lessons in all the dances and now I'm starting intermediate. I hardly have time to read anymore but I manage four or five dances a week!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mr. Armadillo

I have a new neighbor.  He built (or perhaps it would be more proper to say "dug") his home under this big rock at the corner of my property.  It really is an ideal location.  The rock is really large so there's plenty of room.  Then the ligustrum and crepe myrtles provide lovely shade.


This morning, while returning from the dog walk, we saw him hustling toward home.  I had enough time to get my camera and just barely caught him.
 
I finally got the zoom to work so you can see Mr. Armadillo a little better.
Here's a close-up of his front door.
I added this little sign so the yard workers won't disturb him.

There's also a coyote around our community but I don't know where the den is.   I love all this wildlife.  Amazing to find it in a gated retirement community!  LOL

No comments: